Area: Pinetown, Durban KZN
Contract: Full Time
Our client, a South African company based in Pinetown, specialising in the design, manufacture and distribution of an innovative range of domestic and industrial door motors, controllers and accessories, seeks suitably qualified and experienced individual to commence work in either October or November 2020.
Individual will report to the General Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and programming door controllers and sensors in the door automation field.
- Design within the IEC and SANS standards.
- Writing up test procedures and overseeing new products and all relevant documentation from design to the end of pre-production.
- Assisting with troubleshooting when required.
- Any other duties which may be required by the Company from time to time.
- Adhering to Company policies and applicable procedures.
- Keeping a high level of workmanship and safety.
- Be prepared to mentor two Technicians
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BEng/BSc/B.Tech/N. Dip in Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Experience with PCB design software’s like Altium.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and programming in C or assembly in MPLAB.
- Experience with both DC and AC up to 400VAC 3Ph
- 3- 5 years similar experience
- Problem solving abilities.
- Experience with test equipment, such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies etc.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Initiative, have integrity, be honest and be a team player
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary plus usual company benefits