Contract: Full Time
Our client, a total Water/Wastewater Management solutions company based in Gauteng seeks suitably qualified and experienced individual to provide technical input to operational projects, identifying process optimization opportunities, evaluating the efficient of current operational models and business development.
Individual must be prepared to travel locally, within South Africa and internationally when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
▪ Provide technical support to site assigned operations or project teams when required. This includes but not limited to:
- Review of process data and feedback to the site on relevant process adjustments.
- Communication with site supervisors on ad-hoc technical requirements.
- Stipulation of technical requirements including laboratory and site specifications
▪ Technical reporting and submission of reports within agreed timelines
Site visits to conduct process audits/assessments on existing and new treatment plants.
▪ Development of standard operating procedures.
▪ Training of plant process controllers and supervisors when required.
▪ Data analysis and interpretation.
▪ Research on ad hoc technical issues, to provide input into design and process changes.
▪ Play an active part as a member of the technical team by completing allocated tasks.
▪ Concept, basic and detail process design of turnkey water and wastewater solutions and treatment plants.
Adhoc tasks required to manage the operational/technical services to a site
▪ Develop technical and financial submissions for proposals and tenders.
▪ Engage with clients to report, describe and discuss the treatment plant performance, and address any challenges when required.
▪ Support the business development objectives during sales visits, by presenting compelling technical information where necessary
Desired Experience & Qualification
▪ BSc (Hons)/Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering
▪ Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
▪ Good report writing and presentation skills.
▪ 3 – 5 years relevant experience in the water and wastewater treatment industry.
▪ Good knowledge of engineering sciences and technology in the water and wastewater treatment fields, including but not limited to membranes, Anaerobic and aerobic processes and flocculation and separation.
▪ Working knowledge of SHE and Quality assurance methodologies and practices.
▪ Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions.
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary + usual company benefits + fuel