Area: Pmb/Durban KZN
Contract: Full Time
A South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond, seeks suitably qualified and experienced individual who will be accountable for the group procurement function. Individual to build and develop a highly effective procurement function and strategy, effect cost management strategies, procurement policies, lead supplier contract negotiations and increase revenue from Product Sales.
Our client has offices in Durban and Pietermaritzburg, however the individual will need to work remotely for the time being.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supplier Relation / Contracts Management:
- Build a reliable high-quality supplier and contractor base
- Create and manage Contracts and SLA’s with suppliers/contractors
- Maintain supplier development documents
- Maintain contractual terms for local, regional, and international procurement.
- Maximise profit by negotiating the best terms of contracts and maximizing the purchasing leverage across the business
- Ensure that the suppliers conform to the supplier requirements in accordance with the supplier contract.
Strategy and Governance:
- Align procurement strategy to the Company strategy
- Ensure company meets its BEE Procurement targets
- Develop and manage the procurement governance process across the business and ensuring policy compliance.
- Creating, review and publish procurement policies, procedures, and documents
- Ensure implementation of procurement processes, policies, and procedures.
- Enhance and standardise procurement practices to ensure conformance to legal and statutory requirements.
- Implement appropriate controls and authorisation procedures for all related functions and processes.
- Developing the necessary reporting systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in the application of goods and services
- Developing and implementing the sourcing strategies that leverage economies of scale by consolidating spending across different departments
- Work closely with Finance on wider organisational forecast and procurement savings.
Supply Chain Management
- Effect savings in OPEX and CAPEX
- Develop supplier management criteria and review key suppliers, pricing and contracts annually
- Monthly analysis and reporting of the procurement deliverables
- Compile and adjudicate RFQ / RFIs for internal departments
- Assist in sourcing reliable alternate suppliers as necessary
- Evaluate supplier bids and make recommendations
- Ensure optimal stock level of equipment to ensure business efficiency and continuity
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers so deliverables are kept within acceptable timelines
- Conduct Store Audits on frequent basis
- Determine the deliverables of SCM from the objectives.
- Ensure customer feedback is provided promptly
- Ensure customer and suppliers appropriately managed
- Action purchase orders, goods receiving and associated logistics for the business – nationally and internationally.
- Ensure busines is compliant in documentation requirements for local and international shipping and banking.
- Ensure orders are tracked and delivered and associated paper and audit trail robust and complete.
- Drive procurement initiatives within the business
- Initiate and implement improvements within the procurement department and the procurement process
Procurement Function Management
- Management of procurement function staff, line management, team development and growth
- Management and developing of warehousing, stock holding requirements of the business
- Action product sales enquiries efficiently and promptly
- Grow and develop product sales revenue stream
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Commercial
- At least 5 years’ local, regional and international procurement and logistics experience and 3 years’ contract management experience
- Purchasing & technical experience in related environment
- Computer skills, (MS-Office including Excel, Word and Pastel))
- Contract management expertise, supply risk management, business acumen, supplier acquisition and procurement processes
- Familiarity with procurement software, approval workflows, purchasing policy, purchasing policy development and contract is highly preferred
- Able to manage own workload, set and meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
- Efficient and effective
- Ability to work remotely, with little management
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Understand the needs of all stakeholders
- Goal orientated, achieve targets set
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels across the organisation and outside
- Teamwork is paramount therefore a proactive, helpful nature and the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
Package & Remuneration
Market related salary