Area: Durban & Port Elizabeth
Contract: Full Time
International FMCG/Packaging company has multiple openings in Port Elizabeth & Durban for experienced Service Engineers to fill rewarding and challenging roles that allow freedom with accountability while working directly with our Field Service Operations (FSO) team and customers.
The role will include long term and short-term assignments, and last-minute service calls on all company equipment and components in the Southern Africa region
The FSO team delivers support to our internal team and customers by providing on-site support for company Equipment in our customers’ production facilities. We are looking for customer-focused Service Engineers who can travel up to 75% of the time. You will also have a dedication to quality and health and safety.
The successful candidates will report to the Team Leaders based in Johannesburg or Port Elizabeth.
What You Will Do
- Act as an ambassador for the company at all times, ensuring and promoting good working relationships with customers, ensuring that the company’s reputation is sustained
- Execute all work in accordance with Company and Customer food safety regulations and requirements, and escalate any discovered food safety, quality assurance or regulatory issues
- Provide installation, commissioning, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting services on the Company’s Equipment in line with global standards and OHS procedures and ensure that equipment performs according to defined expectations
- Execute installation and commissioning of relevant rebuilding kits/upgrades according to procedures and reinstate lines into production
- Perform the analysis and troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical and automation issues, and execute the necessary repairs
- Promptly report and manage all discovered technical issues according to the process and when needed, escalate to next appropriate level in a timely manner providing a proper problem description to ensure rapid resolution
- Conduct systematic root cause analysis of problems to enable permanent resolution
- Actively seek opportunities to drive continuous improvement at our customer’s production facilities, and provide timely follow up on customer requests, concerns and problems
- Conduct production supervision and operator training at customer sites
- Obtain and maintain key certifications on key components and modules
- Timely submittal of all travel expenses, time reporting, service reporting and e-mail correspondence
- Share knowledge and support the development of skills of Company colleagues
Who you are!
- N6/Diploma with a Trade Test in Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Millwright or Equivalent technical qualification and 5 years relevant experience
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting of processing and packaging machines within the Food & Beverage industry is preferred
- Experience in manufacturing equipment installation, controls/automation including servo systems, maintenance and/or service work an advantage
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to a health and safety culture
- The ability to utilise WCM/TPM principles, such as Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving Methodologies
- Troubleshooting experience on Allen Bradley & Danfoss frequency drives, PLC equipment including Siemens S7, Rockwell RS Logix 5, 500, 5000 PLC programming software, Intouch (Wonderware) would be an added advantage
- A fluent level of writing and speaking English
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders with a customer focused mindset
- Ability to travel up to and about 75% of the time